Thursday 15 April 2010

Game AI

Now some Games have some good AI and others have some amazing AI. Now left 4 dead 2, had some really good AI and everything was really good the zombies where more active and worked more in groups and the special infected became that little bit more sneaky, but then they had to add the turd to the top of this good cake, Rochelle I seriously have no idea how they managed to fuck up this royally. Below a picture.
I mean she has raised the bar for most retarded Friendly AI ever, This also proves you must play this game 4 player co-op for the better experience, But let me just give you a low down of what this crappy AI did.

The very end of a level the helicopter is there to save up the massive crescendo event was finished apart from a few zombies and one Tank, my route was simple run to the helicopter or so i thought, Rochelle managed to ruin that for me she stood in my direct path stopping me from going around her i get stuck then then tank comes out of no where and annihilates me and her leaving us incapacitated and the other 2 survivors on the helicopter meaning the level was over, and i missed out on an achievement i just spent 40 minutes trying to get.

Later on in another level there is a witch in the line of our sight everyone turns out their lights and walks around it, but Rochelle here had a different idea, as the character said "Be careful its a witch" she walked right up to it and disturbed it, making it go ape shit and killing her.

Seriously idiocy has met no means of this before but this AI has made me lose faith in women in a survival horror game, but then i guess i might get surprised in left 2 dead 3, i mean if that gets made.

No comments:

Post a Comment